Covid 19 Guidelines
The safety and wellbeing of our students and staff will always be our number one priority, and we continue to work hard to ensure the plans we have in place and our ongoing response to the virus protect our community.
We have restarted our face-to-face teaching again from 11th January 2021 and you are expected to be back in Bournemouth by this date. Further to the latest Government announcements, these plans remain unchanged.
All students will be able to get tested on returning to campus. Students should take 2 tests, 2-3 days apart.
You will be expected to have taken the first of your 2 tests before your first practical session. Tests are available from 4th January at the test centre based on Garnet campus. More details on how to book your tests have been sent to students on the AECC email account and new frequently asked questions have been added to our ‘Current Student FAQs’ and to our 'International Student FAQs'.
Please remember, we are here to offer support during these uncertain times. To speak to someone in confidence, please contact our Student Services Team at email@example.com. Your Students’ Union is also here to help you. Please contact them at SUExec@aecc.ac.uk
Full student guidelines are available here which explain how students should move safely around the site and what to do if they feel unwell. We also have a Covid Community Pledge which explains the code of conduct expected by everyone on campus. We ask you to work with us and together keep our campus safe.
It is essential that we act swiftly and correctly to counter any spread of the virus within the AECC University Community. Here is a reminder of what to do:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (new continuous cough, a high temperature, and/or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell), a member of your household has symptoms/tested positive or you have been contacted by Test and Trace, stay home and self-isolate
- Inform AECC University College by completing this form; this officially registers your Covid-related absence
- If required, arrange to have a test for COVID-19 by calling 119 or visiting here.
- Self-isolate until your results come back from NHS Test and Trace
- If your results come back as negative, you may return to campus after informing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your results come back as positive, please continue to self-isolate and follow the guidance given to you by NHS Test and Trace
For further information please visit:
New Covid-19 guidance in place (as of 5th October 2020):
What to do if you have symptoms of Covid-19 (as of 5th October 2020):
What AECC University College would do in the event of a Covid-19 outbreak (as of 5th October 2020):
Blended learning approach
We are currently delivering our courses using a blended learning approach including:
- Online and remote alternatives to lectures
- Regular onsite face-to-face sessions for small group teaching, practical and laboratory work but only in an environment where we can ensure your safety through social distancing measures. We are prioritising access to the campus for these activities, timetabling them in accordance with the social distancing and safety guidance available.
We understand that in these difficult and ever-changing times, we need to be flexible, and we are working to all Government guidelines as they are provided. As this is an ever-evolving situation, we will keep you updated on our plans over the coming months.