Occupational Health Requirements | AECC University College

Occupational Health Requirements

Students in Radiology suite

Occupational Health Immunisations Form

AECC University College requires all our clinical students to complete a health clearance check by the Dorset Occupational Health Department before starting their course.

This is to ensure that students are declared fit to study and practice.

Download our Occupational Health form

Download our occupational health form and send it to your GP Practice for them to complete.

Make sure you ask for a copy of your immunisation report to include when submitting your completed documentation.

Submit this documentation to the Dorset Healthcare Occupational Health Portal. Admissions will send information on how and when to do this.

Download Radiography AECC Immunisation Form

Download AECC Vaccination Requirements

Download Postgraduate AECC Immunisation Form

Download Postgraduate (Pre-registration) AECC Immunisation Form

Please note:
  • Applicants are responsible for covering any cost that may be associated with an entry requirement for their chosen course
  • Applicants must ensure that their occupational health immunisations forms are signed and stamped, otherwise they will not be valid
Online Screening Questionnaires (Applicants holding a conditional/unconditional offer)
  • £22.00
  • 1st Fee Paid by all
Screening Interviews: Exposure Prone Applicants 'EPA'
  • £90.00
  • This fee covers a phone call with a clinical nurse if anything has been declared or ticked on the initial screening questionnaire (overseas students from exposure prone counties).
Screening Interviews: Other - Non 'EPA'
  • 90.00
  • This covers a phone call with a clinical nurse if anything is declared or ticked on the initial screening questionnaire.
Student studying

Complete & submit your Occupational Health form by 31 July/02 Dec 2024

September starters must submit their forms by 31 July 2024. January starters must submit their form by 02 December 2024.

Any questions please contact us at admissions@aecc.ac.uk.

Please do not forget to include any additional medical documentation such as your immunisation records.

Details on how to submit this form will be sent across via email. 

Courses requiring vaccinations

September start
  • BSc (Hons) Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging)
  • BSc (Hons) Radiography (Radiotherapy and Oncology)
January start
  • MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-Reg)
  • MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg)
  • MSc Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Reg)
  • MSc Dietetics (Pre-Reg)
  • MSc Podiatry (Pre-Reg)

Mandatory vaccinations for clinical students:

AECC University College has unique multidisciplinary clinics which attract a variety of clinicians and patients and we actively seek new opportunities for students off campus within the NHS and private sector to enrich their clinical learning. Whilst this presents great opportunities for students, there is a risk of contracting an infection whilst on placement and vaccination helps to reduce this risk to both yourself and the public.

We take the safety of our community very seriously and advise all our students to be fully vaccinated (or have demonstrated immunity) against the following diseases:

  • Meningitis
  • Pertussis (whooping cough)
  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria
  • Polio
  • Tuberculosis (TB)
  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
  • Hepatitis B
  • Chickenpox (varicella zoster virus)

Please note:

  • You do not need to be vaccinated against Covid-19 at this time, although we do recommend it.
  • We need assurance that all childhood immunisations are up to date.
  • Please contact your GP practice if you do not have any of the vaccinations listed. Further information can be found in the FAQs below.

Still have questions about applying?


Which Undergraduate courses require an Occupational Health check?

BSc (Hons) Radiography (Diagnostic Imaging)

BSc (Hons) Radiography (Radiotherapy and Oncology)

Master in Chiropractic – MChiro (Hons)

Which Postgraduate courses require Occupational Health Check?

MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-Reg)

MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg)

MSc Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Reg)

MSc Dietetics (Pre-Reg)

MSc Podiatry (Pre-Reg)

MSc Chiropractic (Graduate Entry) (Pre-Reg)

Do Chiropractic students require vaccinations?

Whilst vaccination is not a mandatory requirement to study chiropractic, please note that students who are not vaccinated, or who cannot demonstrate immunity against the diseases listed above, may not be able to participate in the full range of placements available.

If you are not vaccinated and cannot demonstrate immunity placement opportunities may be restricted to ensure the safety of yourself and your patients. Decisions will be made on an individual risk-assessed basis.

How much will an occupational health check cost?

Your Occupational Health check costs vary depending on the number of additional vaccines you need and how much your doctor charges for completing the form.

My GP/Doctor has not responded to my request

We would advise reaching out to your GP Practice/Doctor as soon as possible, so that there is no delay. Call or email them to remind them of the importance and urgency of this process.  Delays will have an impact on your ability to commence placement.

If you have still not received your Occupational Health form, please contact admissions (before the deadline) to explain the situation, and explore options.

I'm from outside the UK & I do not have an NHS number?

If you’re from outside the UK, you can use ask your GP (general practitioner), family doctor, or physician to complete the Occupational Health form (so long as they have access to your health records).

If you do not have an NHS number, please enter ‘overseas’ in the relevant field/area on the form.

Please note: International students are required to cover the cost of all vaccination processes.

What is the deadline for submitting my Occupational Health form?

You must submit your Occupational Health form by:

  • 31 July 2023 (September 2023 Starters)
  • 1 December 2023 (January 2024 Starters)
Which Hep B vaccination do I need?

Please be aware that immunisation for the purposes of travel available in pharmacies and similar providers is not the same as immunisation for occupational health reasons and will not count towards your eligibility to practice. Always seek advice from your GP or equivalent healthcare service.  The Hep 3 step vaccination is required, not the 2 step travel vaccination.

I have had the HepB travel (2 injection vaccine) do I need to re-start and have the required 3 x HepB OH vaccine?

This would depend upon the time scale of the 2 vaccines (which would determine when the 3rd would be given) The typical time scale would be 2 years so if you have received 2 vaccines within 2 years, Dorset Healthcare would usually administer the 3rd vaccine and then a blood test to check immunity 6-8 weeks following this.

What meningitis vaccine is required?

The standard vaccines for meningitis are the ACYW.

For more information on MenACWY vaccine, please visit the NHS website.

I had chickenpox as a child can I add this to the form?

You will need confirmation from your GP Practice or equivalent if overseas that you have had chickenpox.

Is a varicella (chickenpox) home blood test? kit acceptable as a proof of chickenpox?

A home blood test kit will not be acceptable as we would require a sample from a certified services such as a GP practice, this is inline with green book guidance (Dept of Health).

I had chickenpox when I was a child, if my doctor confirms this, is this enough as it will only be verbal confirmation from my parents of chickenpox, or do I need a blood test to check my immunity?

If your GP confirms then this is sufficient, otherwise you will need a blood test.

Do I have to send the GP report and the AECC OH form as supporting documents when completing the pre-clearance health form online?

Please send the GP report, however, if you are struggling for this information you can upload the AECC OC form completed as part of your supporting evidence.

I am an overseas student do I need a tuberculosis (TB) test?

UKVI require some overseas students to undertake a TB test as part of their visa application.

However, not all countries are requested to do this.  Occupational Health will require students from ‘at risk’ countries to undertake a blood test when they enrol, the student is liable for the cost of this blood test.

I have had the BCG/TB vaccine many years ago but do not have a record of this, but I have a scar/mark on my arm . Can this be a proof?

We cannot accept a photo of your arm, but we can check your BCG scar at an appointment in Bournemouth with Dorset Healthcare and that will serve as your evidence.

How can I contact Dorset Healthcare?
Any further questions?

If you’re unsure as to what is required, or you are struggling to attain the vaccinations necessary, please contact Admissions.


Latest News

Discover and read all the latest news, press releases and happenings here at AECC University College.


Students in Lecture Theatre

On Wednesday 20th March, we held our first AECC University College Student Engagement Conference. The theme for the day was ‘Sharing Best Practice in Student Engagement’ and all students and staff were welcome to be a part of it.

AECC Logo White
© 2024 AECC Copyright Text -