Renske Versloot, Class of 2013, Master of Chiropractic
"The international and multicultural atmosphere amongst students and staff, you'll have friends from all over the world"
I started my Master of Chiropractic course at AECC University College in 2013. Previously I was studying science and health in the Dutch equivalent for A-levels I had always had an interest in working in healthcare. AECC University College enable me to enjoy the time as a student and pursue a career in chiropractic.
Renske’s Top 3 Achievements so far from studying the AECC
- Gaining experience in the field of sports chiropractic by working with a local rugby team
- Doing a Masters' research project throughout the whole of Europe
- After 3 years of hard work, finally being allowed to work with real patients
Renske’s Top 3 Highlights from the Master of Chiropractic
- The diversity of the specialties you can learn at the AECC
- The fun of working in the AECC clinic
- The international and multicultural atmosphere amongst students and staff, you'll have friends from all over the world
Renske’s Top 3 tips for students thinking about studying Chiropractic
- Chiropractic is very diverse; from paediatrics to sports, there is something for everyone. If you are not sure chiropractic is for you, talk to current students or chiropractors in your area and find out if there is something about chiropractic that interests you.
- If you are still doubting about studying chiropractic, come down to the University College to have a look!
- If you are originally from a country that doesn't speak English, don't worry too much about it. You will learn very quickly and the tutors and patients are very understanding if you say something silly by mistake. And remember, you are not the only one!