The Centre for Biomechanics Research is rapidly growing, focusing on multidisciplinary research into the dynamics of the human spine and other multi-joint systems.
Watching the spine move
To develop tools for the measurement and interpretation of dynamics and stresses in the musculoskeletal system.
To conduct multidisciplinary and collaborative research into biomechanical measures for the diagnosis of musculoskeletal pain and disability.
- Professor Alan Breen DC, PhD, Director.
- Dr Alexander Breen BSc(Hons), MSc, PhD, Technology Lead and Post-Doctoral Research Fellow.
- Mrs Linda Bruce, Administrator.
- Ms Megan Watts, Undergraduate Research Assistant, (Bournemouth University).
- Ms Emilie Claerbout, Undergraduate Research Assistant, (AECC University College).
- Ms Jade Merrifield, Undergraduate Research Assistant, (AECC University College).
- Dr Philip Carvil, Department of Aerospace and Physiological Sciences, King's College London.
- Dr Rebecca Hemming, School of Healthcare Sciences, College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Cardiff University.
- Dr Fiona Mellor, Radiotherapy department, Dorset Cancer Centre, Poole Hospital NHS Trust.
- Dr Jonathan Branney, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Bournemouth University.
- Dr Kevin Brownhill, Research Department, British School of Osteopathy.
- Dr Alister du Rose, Welsh Institute of Chiropractic, University of South Wales.
- Dr Rene Lindstrom, Center for Sensory-Motor Interaction, Faculty of Engineering, Science and Medicine, Aalborg University.