The Centre for Biomechanics Research is rapidly growing, focusing on multidisciplinary research into the dynamics of the human spine and other multi-joint systems.
Watching the spine move
To develop tools for the measurement and interpretation of dynamics and stresses in the musculoskeletal system.
To conduct multidisciplinary and collaborative research into biomechanical measures for the diagnosis of musculoskeletal pain and disability.
News from the Center of Biomechanics
5 Minutes Research Update
In this update, we take a look at our Centre for Biomechanics Research (CBR) and their recent visit to Washington DC, an update from Director of Research Dr Dave Newell, and the announcement of Dr Stewart Cotterill's latest publication.
Professor Alan Breen, Clinical Director of Special Imaging and Centre for Biomechanics Research discusses his latest visit to Cardiff University and how far AECC University College has come in this field of research...
Collaboration Leads to Advance in Assessment of Spinal Stresses
For the first time it has been possible to estimate the stresses between the linkages of the human spine in living people using AECC University College’s new open, upright MRI scanner and its Quantitative Fluoroscopy technology, thanks to a collaboration between the Centre for Biomechanics Research and Exeter University's School of Physics, funded by the UK Chiropractic Research Council.…
- Professor Alan Breen DC, PhD, Director.
- Dr Alexander Breen BSc(Hons), MSc, PhD, Technology Lead and Post-Doctoral Research Fellow.
- Dr Fiona Mellor, Superintendent Radiographer.
- Mrs Linda Bruce, Administrator.
- Ms Megan Watts, Undergraduate Research Assistant, (Bournemouth University).
- Ms Emilie Claerbout, Undergraduate Research Assistant, (AECC University College).
- Ms Jade Merrifield, Undergraduate Research Assistant, (AECC University College).
- Dr Philip Carvil, Department of Aerospace and Physiological Sciences, King's College London.
- Dr Rebecca Hemming, School of Healthcare Sciences, College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Cardiff University.
- Dr Jonathan Branney, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Bournemouth University.
- Dr Kevin Brownhill, Research Department, British School of Osteopathy.
- Dr Alister du Rose, Welsh Institute of Chiropractic, University of South Wales.
- Dr Rene Lindstrom, Center for Sensory-Motor Interaction, Faculty of Engineering, Science and Medicine, Aalborg University.