Convener: Alyx Taylor
The Centre for Health, Exercise and Sport Science Research (CHESS) encompasses all physical and psychological aspects of exercise, health and sport science research.
Centre for Health, Exercise and Sport Science Research (CHESS)
The Centre for Health, Exercise and Sport Science Research (CHESS) encompasses all physical and psychological aspects of exercise, health and sport science research. There are two areas of special expertise within the centre:
1. Sports Performance
2. Physical Activity for Health
These areas of research interests form the activity hubs for innovative projects with International and UK external collaborators as well as specialist work within AECC University College.
CHESS benefits its members through a close and synergistic relationship with the consultancy centres in the School of Psychology, Sport and Physical Activity; including the Sport Performance Centre and the Physical Activity Referral Centre, both of which serve as rich environments for applied research data generation.
Research centre aim:
1. Promote innovative research in all areas of health, exercise and sports science
2. Provide a central focus of a collaborative network of UK and international expertise in health, exercise and sports science research.
Introduction to CHESS
• The effectiveness of different visual skills training programmes on elite cricket
• Introducing special exercise classes at school for pre-adolescent children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and closely related behavioural problems
• Use of virtual reality for decision-making training in sport
• Leadership development in elite sports teams and academies
• Developing mentally healthy environments in sport
• Maximising psychological preparation for performance
• CHESS team collaboration with masters of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners to enhance performance
• New CHESS team collaboration with GB Para Nordic Skiing for sports performance
• New partnership with Bournemouth Collegiate School enhancing their sports academies and raising sporting aspirations for the BCS students
CHESS welcomes new members and collaborative contacts, so if you are interested in health, exercise and sports science research please contact me: email@example.com