AECC University College quality framework outlines the policies and procedures in place to ensure the maintenance and enhancements of the quality of our academic standards and student learning experience. Our course specifications let you know what to expect as a student with us.
We are committed to the assurance and enhancement of the quality of our academic provision and the student experience, and to safeguarding academic standards.
In May 2016 we were granted our own Taught Degree-Awarding Powers and from September 2017 all new students entering this institution will enrol on programmes leading to our awards. This means that the qualification students receive at the end of their studies will be made in the name of this institution.
We will be fully responsible for the setting and maintaining of our own academic standards and for the quality of our programmes and the student experience we provide.
Previously our courses were validated by Bournemouth University and some continuing students remain enrolled on courses leading to Bournemouth University awards.
We now have our own policy for course approval and periodic review aligned to the UK Quality Code Chapters B1 and B8. This is available from the Policies for students page.
Download your course specification here
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this information at the time of publication. However, as the content of our courses is constantly being developed, the information contained within the specifications is liable to change. Also, the course structures shown here may not necessarily be relevant to students that have already started a course. Significant changes will be highlighted here and on the relevant course pages. If you need any further information please contact the AECC University College Academic Registrar.
The MSc in Medical Ultrasound is currently undergoing periodic (six-yearly) review and there will be an internal review panel and re-accreditation visit from CASE in February 2018. We anticipate that the outcome will be known by May 2018.
MChiro (Hons) Master of Chiropractic course specification
Download MChiro course spec
MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Clinical Sciences) course specification
download MSC APP Course Spec
MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Functional Musculoskeletal Health) course specification
download MSC APP (Functional MSK Health) Course spec
MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Paediatric Musculoskeletal Health) course specification
download Msc app (Paediatric MSK Health) course spec
MSc Medical Ultrasound course specification
download MSC Medical ultrasound course spec
Postgraduate Certificate Professional Development (Chiropractic) course specification
download PG Cert Professional development course spec
For BSc Clinical Exercise Sciences please refer to the relevant Bournemouth University course information page. Visit the related Bournemouth University page here
Academic regulations policies and procedures
From September 2017 all new students enrol on courses leading to awards of this institution and will follow academic regulations, policies and procedures specific to this institution and approved by our Academic Board. The key regulations, policies and procedures for 2017-2018 which affect students are available from the Policies for Students webpage, any new policies and procedures are added here as they are approved.
Previously under our validation agreement with the University, we chaired our own Assessment Boards, and had our own academic regulations, policies and procedures for the undergraduate chiropractic education courses. Courses within the Advanced Professional Practice and Ultrasound frameworks, and the Postgraduate Certificate Professional Development (Chiropractic) followed the academic regulations policies and procedures of Bournemouth University. Students remaining on Bournemouth University awards will continue to follow these regulations, policies and procedures. The detailed procedural documents, and the outcomes of recent reviews, are available on request.
Further information is available on request by e-mail to the AECC University College Quality and Enhancement Manager.
How we work with external examiners
- whether the academic standards for our courses are appropriately set and maintained in accordance with the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications, and relevant professional standards.
- how standards and student performance at the AECC University College compare with that on similar courses at other higher education institutions.
- whether our assessment process is fair and rigorous, and is conducted in accordance with our approved policies and procedures.
Please contact the Academic Registrar if you are unable to access any of the links to documents or if there is anything in them that you are unsure about and want to discuss.
- our Student Charter, which outlines the expectations and responsibilities for all our students and provides the framework for the learning experience.
- our Student Engagement Policy (found within our latest policies) which outlines the opportunities available to students to engage with and take part in quality assurance and enhancement activities including:
- student representation system
- feedback through surveys - the University College undertakes a student satisfaction survey annually and takes part in the National Student Survey (NSS). The results of the surveys are discussed in the relevant committees and action plans are developed in response where required
- Student Staff Liaison Sub-committee
- course monitoring, approval and review activities
- activities specific to particular courses.
Student complaints and academic appeals