Home Away From Home
Parkwood Campus is nestled in beautiful bluebell woodlands, a 10-minute stroll from 7 miles of award-winning sandy beaches and picturesque sea views. The perfect setting means you can live the coastal lifestyle while you study.
Our campus is a clear reflection of our personality, combining innovation and history. The main University College building dates back to 1888.
We’re dedicated to preparing you for a career as a healthcare professional; encouraging all students to work closely together as you would in a professional setting and providing clinical experience in multi-disciplinary environments
We’re proud to showcase our on-site state-of-the-art Chiropractic Clinic, School of Radiology, Exercise Centre, prosection lab, diagnostic imaging facilities and the latest Sports Performance Centre.
We offer plenty of opportunities for you to make the most of your time on campus. Find out how to get involved with the Students’ Union and activities in the wider community.
• Two large lecture theatres, for large capacity student teaching environment with tiered seating
• Seminar rooms for smaller more intimate learning setting
• Practice rooms for technique guidance
• Science and human anatomy prosection laboratories providing valuable biological science understanding
• Purpose built on-site Clinic housing patient treatment rooms, an exercise centre for rehabilitation, a radiography facility for both taking and reading x-rays and open upright MRI to help our students with further diagnosis support
• Student Services with private counselling rooms for personal support and medical care
• Learning Services, with an extensive library based in the original chapel with quiet study space as well as group tech-enabled pod areas
• Students’ Union office where the team meet up
• Student bar and lounge area which is a great place for you to eat, study, chill out and relax, or meet with your friends for coffee or hot food or perhaps a game of pool.
• Spine & Dine Refectory
Keeping Fit and Healthy on Campus
You can also benefit from our campus gymnasium, housing cardio equipment, indoor football pitch, Olympic lifting platform and climbing wall, keeping you fit and healthy in between your studies.
Conveniently close-by is Littledown Leisure Centre, set in 47 acres of parkland, with its own high ropes adventure complex. Littledown will provide you with courts, studios and some of the best swimming and football facilities in the country.
If you’re travelling by public transport, Yellow Buses number 737 and 33 all go to the area with a short walk from the bus stop.
Food and Drink
Spine and Dine is our on campus cafe. Open Monday to Friday for students, patients and visitors, providing hot and cold drinks and delicious homemade, healthy food at low prices. We also supply catering for meetings, pre-booked courses including CPD and Postgraduate weekend events. We cater for the pre-lunch time cravings, those that need a smoothie boost, wholesome foodies, vegans, clean eaters, protein fitness fans and much more.
Rain or shine, there are a number of lovely spaces available to you, eat outside in the Quad, pull up a bench in the Toggler's Arms, relax on a sofa or at a table in our refectory.
Choose from a wide range of sandwiches (made to order), delicious nibbles, salad bar, fruit salads, omelettes, hot and wholesome (apart from Treat Thursday!) dishes of the day. Breakfast and fresh coffee is available from 8.30am.
A. The Main University College Reception can be found at the front of campus, parallel to Parkwood Road.
A. Yes. We will always try our best to cater for allergies, with details of ingredients displayed on our main daily menu. If you are worried about anything you can always speak directly to a member of staff.
A. We provide calorie details on main menu available in Spine & Dine and the baguette bar.
A. On campus parking is all allocated, however, if a student is travelling by car there is plenty of free parking available in the roads surrounding the University College.
A. There are two computer room suites available in Cavendish House, and further computer facilities available in main the main university college refectory area.
A. There are three bike rack stores available around campus: Outside Cavendish House, opposite the AECC Clinic and at the rear of the AECC Library building.
A. Showers can be found on the first floor of the main university college building either side of the DP Lecture Theatre.