Dr. Trevor Wing
BSc, MSc, D.Med – Lecturer in Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Interventional Gynaecology and Breast ultrasound
Trevor is the unit leader for Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the School of Radiology and is responsible for developing, managing and delivering the obstetrics and gynaecology ultrasound units and one of the MSc and associated short courses lecturers. Trevor also supervises MSc students through their imaging research projects.
Trevor is a recognised leading specialist in obstetrics and gynaecology medical ultrasound, with a particular interest in applying scientific research to advanced ultrasound imaging. Trevor completed his MSc in medical ultrasound at the University of Portsmouth in 2005 and his Professional Doctorate in medical imaging at the University of Portsmouth in 2009. Trevor runs a busy private clinic in London where he carries out clinical imaging research studies into a wide range of gynaecological and obstetric conditions, including ovarian dysfunction, tubo-peritoneal disease, uterine disease, gestational disorders, post-partum disorders and menopausal disorders. Trevor regularly contributes to professional journals with his own research and treatment approaches. He is a peer reviewer for the journals 'Human Fertility', 'Complementary Therapies in Medicine', 'Reproductive Biomedicine Online' and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Development, management, delivery, and support of the medical ultrasound obstetrics and gynaecology units as well as the range of obstetrics and gynaecology short courses.
- Involved in the CASE accreditation process for the MSc and short courses.
Areas of Interest
- Evidence based research into gynaecology and obstetrics conditions
- Developing new imaging approaches
- Blended learning combining distance learning, practical tuition, and wet lab teaching
- Applying advanced imaging technology to the diagnosis of female infertility
- Interventional gynaecology medical ultrasound
- BSc (Hons) Medicine
- MSc (Dist) Medical Ultrasound
- D.Med (Img).
- British medical Ultrasound Society
- Society of Radiographers
- Royal society of medicine.