Dr. Micah Atkinson
M.Tech (Chiro), PgCert, DC - Lecturer (Clinical Sciences)
Micah is Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation Science at the AECC University College and Chiropractic and Unit Lead for Clinical Management 201. He is also currently completing a PgCert in Medical Education through Dundee University.
Dr. Micah Atkinson graduated from Natal Technikon with a Master’s Degree in Technology: Chiropractic in 1999. The last 18 years has been spent both in Private Practice and teaching in chiropractic institutions, holding the position of Lecturer and Clinic Tutor in chiropractic programs in the UK and South Africa. He has considerable experience in teaching the natural sciences, Chiropractic Technique, clinical skills, exercise prescription and rehabilitation and experience of Curriculum Development/Assessment Design and was involved in Clinical Exercise Science Revalidation, Curriculum and assessment design as BSc (Hons) Human Sciences MSc Chiropractic – Unit Lead for 209- Physical Therapeutics 1 and Curriculum and assessment design as Master of Chiropractic - MChiro (Hons) – Unit Lead for 201- Clinical management II.
Micah is Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation Science at AECC University College and Chiropractic and Unit Lead for Clinical Management 201. He is also currently completing a PgCert in Medical Education through Dundee University.
Areas of Interest
Areas of interest include: Chiropractic Clinical Skills, Adjustive Technique, Myofascial Techniques, Exercise Prescription and Functional Management.
- M.Tech: Chiropractic
- Member of the British Chiropractic Association
- Member of the General Chiropractic Council.
- Unit Lead and Adjustive Technique Tutor for Clinical Management 201 on the Master of Chiropractic - MChiro (Hons) Programme.
- Programme Lead for Clinical Exercise Science and Unit Lead for Level 5 Pathophysiology, Exercise Prescription 2, Level 6 Advanced Exercise Prescription, Research Project Unit and Community Health and Well-being.
- Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation Science.