Dan Sullivan, Access to HE student and Class of 2015, Master of Chiropractic
"Thanks to the course being over the weekend I could balance my life without having to commit to a tedious evening course after work."
I started the Access to HE Diploma (Human Health Sciences) at AECC University College in 2014. Previous to this I was studying electronics and computing, but found this was not for me after leaving sixth-form. AECC University College has enabled me to remodel myself into a healthcare student. After making mistakes in the past pursuing a career that didn't suit me, the Access to HE course allowed me to experience a field I had interest in with an opportunity to progress into such. I am now happily studying on the Master of Chiropractic course at AECC University College.
Dan’s Top 3 Achievements so far from studying the AECC University College
- Receiving the community development award at the staff led student awards.
- Being elected for the role of academic officer on the student union.
- Having the ability to travel thanks to the student ambassador’s programme.
Dan’s Top 3 Highlights from the Access to HE
- Being able to study and work part-time was great. Thanks to the course being over the weekend I could balance my life without having to commit to a tedious evening course after work.
- I really enjoyed the anatomy weekend on the course. We were able to visit the dry lab on site at the college which is wonderful.
- Having the continued support of staff throughout the Access course to ensure we all got to where we wanted to be really helped.
Dan’s Top 3 tips for students thinking about studying HE to Access
- Make the time to study in the week, even if it’s only half hour each day!
- The earlier you can get the coursework done the better! It’ll be fresher in your head after the teaching weekend.
- Enjoy it! Make the most of the college facilities while you’re on the course, the AECC University College has lots to offer when you start to look.