Christian Haagensen, Class of 2013, Master of Chiropractic
"The AECC University College has helped me compete in karate on a high level alongside my studies"
I started my Master of Chiropractic course in 2013. Previous to this I was studying at the International Baccalaureate programme in Oslo. I had always had an interest in biology and the sciences, as well as treating the human body with medicine, manual therapy and rehabilitation. The University College enabled me to develop as a person by getting more confident in interacting with people. The research based approach and excellent teaching faculty has spiked my interest expanding my knowledge and learning outside the University College from great names such as Professor McGill. AECC University College has also helped me compete in karate on a high level alongside my studies, which has resulted in me becoming the Norwegian and Nordic Champion.
Christian’s’ Top 3 Achievements so far from studying the AECC University College
- Distinction on Bachelor degree
- Rehab Supervisor in the clinic
- Norwegian and Nordic Champion in karate
Christian’s Top 3 Highlights from the Master of Chiropractic
- The day we found out that we had passed the exams and were going into clinic
- Using the High-Performance Centre for my patients and myself
- Technique classes were always fun and interactive
Christian’s Top 3 tips for students thinking about studying Chiropractic
- If you love biology and you like interacting with people, whilst fixing them with your bare hands then go for it!
- You will feel a joy every day from meeting and treating your patients, and there is never two days alike!
- Maybe best of all: You get friends for life!