Andreas Mjaland, Class of 2015, Master of Chiropractic
"The AECC enables me to continue versatile training alongside my studies"
I started my Master of Chiropractic course at AECC University College in 2015. Previous to this I was studying a year of sports foundation and a pre course in Engineering. At the same time I was competing for biathlon at a national level. During 2013-2014 season I got a virus and had to give up my biathlon career. The summer of 2014 I started working competing triathlons. I finished 13th in the National championship in the summer of 2015, before I started at the University College.
AECC University College enables me to continue versatile training and this summer I finished 11th in Norseman Xtreme triathlon -it is considered to be one of the hardest Ironman challenges in the world. The help I got from AECC University College has without a doubt helped me to achieve this goal, and I am sure that I would never have made it their help.
Andreas’ Top 3 Achievements so far from studying at AECC University College
- 11th place in Norseman Xtreme triathlon (summer 2017)
- 112th Place in Marcialonga (winter 2017)
- Finishing Year 2 as a chiropractic student and continuing into year 3.
Andreas’ Top 3 Highlights from the Masters In Chiropractic
- Starting the path to become a chiropractor, getting new friends and learning new stuff every day.
- The first proper adjustment.
- Enjoying the everyday life as a chiropractic student at the AECC University College.
Andreas' Top 3 tips for students thinking about studying Chiropractic
- Firstly, to recommend that you observe a chiropractor in your area and have a look at what we do. If you think that you might like to work with people and help them by using your hands, this is definitely something you should try out! As a foreign student, it was a bit scary to move abroad but what I can say is that I have not had any second thoughts when I moved over from Norway. So if you are in doubt whether or not to take the long journey, I would leave behind all doubt and try it out. There is nothing to think about.
- Secondly, I would recommend you to ask that same chiropractor, AECC University College or anyone else with knowledge of the profession to get an understanding of what it means to be a chiropractic student.
- Thirdly, I would recommend that you should be treated by a chiropractor. My first treatment was exhilarating and made me motivated to start at the AECC University College.