PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic
If you’ve qualified as a chiropractor within the last three years, and you're looking to take your career to the next level or gain that professional edge, you should consider yourself to an enhanced professional skillset with this PgCert.
Be the best you can be. Make sure you’re equipped for your future
Newly qualified chiropractor? Want to make sure you have the skills and attitude to help you advance throughout your working career? Our PG Certificate is open to qualified chiropractors in practice for less than three years, helping you become more proficient in a professional role, and preparing you to continue with your professional development. You will study three core units, covering the principles of work-based learning and reflective practice, whilst developing your understanding of managing a professional practice and change.
The three core units are:
• Supported Practice-based Learning
• Learning with Others
• Autonomous Reflective Practice
You will benefit from this course if you plan to complete a Graduate Education Programme (GEP) or the Royal College of Chiropractors’ PRT scheme, or if you are returning to a country with no formal GEP programme, or even if you want to use credits to enrol on an MSc/MA degree.
There’s no attendance on campus necessary for this course, but you will still get all the benefits of studying with us, such as access to our online journals and articles, tutorial support and continuous professional development (CPD) seminars at student rates.
Our PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic course is open for applications via our online application system.
Apply for 2021
For general questions on the PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic qualification or to register your interest in the course, please use the contact form below.
- Course title:
- PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic
- 1 year
- Study mode:
- Part time (no attendance required)
- Typical offer:
- You’ve been in chiropractic practice for less than 3 years
This career-stimulating course kicks off with an online Induction seminar in October, before breaking down into three manageable units. We aim for you to complete the course in 12 months, but you can extend this for another 12 months if you need to. Don’t worry if you don’t enrol on the PgCert at the start of your GEP Programme - you’re still able to enrol within your first two years of practice.
For a breakdown of what to expect, download the PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic course specification.
- On this first instalment of the course, you’ll create a detailed practice log detailing 30 hours of workplace learning through meetings and discussions with senior colleagues, mentors and trainers.
- Assessment: Critical reflective account, 2,000 words.
- The second unit sees you generate a logbook detailing your learning experiences, outcomes and the relevance of these to practice, from events such as health practitioner observations, meetings with colleagues and peers, and formal CPD events.
- Assessment: Critical reflective account, 2,000 words
- Here you’ll produce a reflective diary that shows evidence of at least 12 critical incidents requiring action. You’ll also make a learning cycle logbook and a clinical audit plan where you’ll choose a topic and plan how an audit should be conducted to improve practice and suggest ways these recommendations could be executed.
- Assessment: Reflective diary, learning cycle logbook, and clinical audit plan.
How do I apply?
Applications for our 2021 PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic course are open soon via our online application system. You will need to provide your educational history, a personal statement and a satisfactory reference. The deadline for receipt of applications is late August 2021.
Apply for 2021
For general questions on PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic course entry requirements or to register your interest in the course please use the contact form below.
Key entry requirements
The PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic course is right for you if you’ve been in chiropractic practice for less than 3 years, are planning to complete a Graduate Education Programme (GEP) or the Royal College of Chiropractors’ PRT scheme, returning to a country with no formal GEP programme, or want to use credits to enrol on an MSc/MA degree.
If you’ve already started your GEP and are not enrolled on the PgCert then there are still chances to do so within your first two years in practice.
For more information about our admissions policies and procedures, including our Admissions Complaints and Appeals Policy, please click here.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS? LET US ANSWER THEM IN OUR APPLICATION FAQS
The fee for the Pg Cert Professional Development Chiropractic for 2020 was £430.00.
2021 fees will be shared in November 2020.
For more information about any additional associated costs please click here.
Note: For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS). AECC University College is registered with the OfS. You can view the register here and search for our name.
Our tuition fees policy and information on any expected additional costs for each of our courses can be found on our latest policies page. Should you have any questions on course fees please contact our admissions team on the form below
Please note that formal CPD event fees are extra, however attendance at AECC University College CPD Seminars are available at a reduced student rate.
Please visit our student finance pages for more information on additional costs and fees/funding.