MSc, PGCert, BSc (hons), CSi, FHEA - Lecturer
Phill is currently a lecturer in sport and exercise physiology. He is the coordinator of the University College’s on-site Sport Performance Centre working with UK and overseas coaches, athletes and support staff.
Phill graduated from Aberystwyth University with a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science and then Bangor University with an MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology. After completing a PGCert in Medical Education at University of Dundee Phill achieved Fellowship with the Higher Education Academy and Chartered Scientist status. Previous to his role at AECC University College Phill worked as a Performance Analyst at AFC Bournemouth and as a lecturer and sport scientist at a range of universities and sports teams in the United Kingdom. In addition to lecturing Phill is a BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist specialising in physiology and brings experience from working with a range of sports, ages and levels of ability.
Phill is currently a lecturer in sport and exercise physiology. He is the coordinator of the University College’s on-site Sport Performance Centre working with UK and overseas coaches, athletes and support staff. Phill is also involved in research as part of the Centre for Health, Exercise and Sport Science research. He currently also works as a physiologist with the Armed Forces Para Snow Sport Team and GB Para Nordic Ski teams.
Areas of Interest
Applied sport and exercise physiology, physiological responses to extreme environments, training for ultra-endurance events, performance indicators in para Nordic skiing, needs analysis in sport.
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (Aberystwyth University)
- PGCert Medical Education (University of Dundee)
- MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology (Bangor University)
- Chartered Scientist (Science Council)
- BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- UKAD Accredited Advisor
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)
Phill’s main research interests include:
- Identifying performance indicators in para Nordic skiing
- Physiological responses to extreme environments
- Physiology in disability sports
- BSc (Hons) Clinical Exercise Science unit lead
- BSc (Hons) Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation Science unit lead
- Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Sport Science
- Email – email@example.com
- LinkedIn – Phill Heritage
- Twitter – @phill_heritage
- Instagram – @madventuresofphill