MSc, PGCert, BSc (hons), CSi, FHEA - Course Lead and Lecturer in Physiology and Health and Sport Performance Centre coordinator
Phill is Course Lead for the BSc (Hons) Sport, Exercise and Health Science and Lecturer in Physiology and Health. He is the coordinator of the University College’s on-site Sport Performance Centre working with UK and overseas coaches, athletes and support staff.
Phill graduated from Aberystwyth University with a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science, Bangor University with an MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology and the University of Dundee with a PGCert in Medical Education also achieving fellowship with the Higher Education Academy and Chartered Scientist status.
He has worked AFC Bournemouth and as an expert lecturer at a range of universities and sports teams in the United Kingdom. In addition to lecturing Phill is a BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist specialising in physiology and brings experience from working with a range of sports, ages and levels of ability.
Phill is currently Course Lead for the BSc (Hons) Sport, Exercise and Health Science and Lecturer in Physiology and Health. He is also the coordinator of the University College’s on-campus Sport Performance Centre working with local and national coaches, athletes and support staff. Phill is also involved in research as part of the Centre for Health, Exercise and Sport Science research. He currently also works as a performance scientist and consultant with professional and amateur athletes and coaches in the UK and internationally.
Areas of Interest
Areas of interest and expertise include: Applied sport and exercise physiology, physiological responses to extreme environments, training for ultra-endurance events, performance indicators in Para Nordic Skiing, needs analysis in sport.
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (Aberystwyth University)
- PGCert Medical Education (University of Dundee)
- MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology (Bangor University)
- BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Accredited Anti-Doping Advisor (UKAD)
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)
Phill’s main research interests include:
- Identifying performance indicators in Para Nordic Skiing
- Physiological responses to extreme environments
- Physiology in disability sports.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn – Phill Heritage
- Twitter – @phill_heritage
- Instagram – @madventuresofphill