MSc, PGCert, BSc (hons), CSi, FHEA - Lecturer
Lecturer in sport and exercise physiology and Sport Performance Centre coordinator.
Phill graduated from Aberystwyth University with a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science and Bangor University with a MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology and University of Dundee with a PGCert in Medical Education also achieving fellowship with the Higher Education Academy and Chartered Scientist status. He has worked AFC Bournemouth and as a lecturer at a range of universities and sports teams in the United Kingdom. In addition to lecturing Phill is a BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist specialising in physiology and brings experience from working with a range of sports, ages and levels of ability.
Phill is currently a lecturer in sport and exercise physiology and health concepts drawing on professional experiences in all of these areas. He is the coordinator of the University College’s on-site Sport Performance Centre working with local and national coaches, athletes and support staff. Phill is also involved in research as part of the Centre for Health, Exercise and Sport Science research. He currently also works as a physiologist with the Armed Forces Para Snow Sport Team and GB Para Nordic Skiing.
Areas of Interest
Applied sport and exercise physiology, physiological responses to extreme environments, training for ultra-endurance events, performance indicators in para Nordic skiing, needs analysis in sport.
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (Aberystwyth University)
- PGCert Medical Education (University of Dundee)
- MSc Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology (Bangor University)
- Chartered Scientist (Science Council)
- BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- UKAD Accredited Advisor
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)
- Identifying strength differences in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioners
- Identifying performance indicators in para Nordic skiing
- BSc (Hons) Clinical Exercise Science unit lead for Exercise Prescription 1, Advanced Exercise Prescription, Integrated Clinical Rehabilitation - Musculoskeletal Injuries, Integrated Clinical Rehabilitation – Long-term conditions and Clinical Exercise Physiology.
- Master of Chiropractic - MChiro (Hons) unit lead for Health Concepts 2 and lecturer in Human Biology & Physiology 2 and Case Based Learning 1 and 2
- Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Sport Science
- Email – email@example.com
- LinkedIn – Phill Heritage
- Twitter – @phill_heritage