BSc (Hons), MChiro, MSc, DC, PGCert, FRCC - Lecturer (Clinical Sciences)
Philip Dewhurst is the Head of the School of Chiropractic and graduated from the AECC University College as a chiropractor in 2005.
Philip Dewhurst is the Head of the School of Chiropractic and graduated from the AECC University College as a chiropractor in 2005. He returned as a member of faculty in 2008 and has been actively engaged in post graduate education, research, teaching and clinical practice. Philip’s research interests have been born out of his postgraduate studies within medical education and with colleagues he is investigating the factors which influence student performance. In 2017 Philip enrolled on a professional doctorate in education (Ed.D) at the University of Reading and later that year became a registrant member of the General Chiropractic Council’s Education Committee.
Philip is the Head of the School of Chiropractic and oversees the effective running and high standards of teaching, research and collaboration within the school’s portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as the school’s continuing professional development courses.
Area of Interest
Areas of interest include: Clinical anatomy, chiropractic education.
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Master of Chiropractic
- MSc Clinical Sciences
- BSc (HONS) Neuromusculoskeletal Sciences
- Post Graduate Certificate - Chiropractic
- Post Graduate Certificate – Medical Education.
- British Chiropractic Association (BCA)
- General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractors
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Chiropractic undergraduate education
- Student engagement and academic performance in chiropractic education.
Publications (previous 5 years)
- Nonacademic qualities as predictors of performance in an undergraduate healthcare program (in press)
- Rix, J., Dewhurst, P., Cooke, C. & Newell, D. 2018. Engagement as predictors of performance in a single cohort of undergraduate chiropractic students. Journal of Chiropractic Education, 32, 36-42.
- Dewhurst, P., Rix, J. and Newell, D. 2016. Influence of year-on-year performance on final degree classification in a chiropractic master’s degree program. Journal of Chiropractic Education. 30 (1), 14-19