BSc, DC, MSc, Cert MEd, FEAC, FRCC - Lecturer (Clinical Sciences)
Nicoline Lambers is currently appointed as Lecturer Clinical Sciences, as year tutor for MChiro year 2, and as Caldicott Guardian. She is unit leader for Health Concepts I and Case-based learning II on the MChiro programme.
Nicoline graduated from AECC University College in 1991. After graduating she started a chiropractic clinic in The Netherlands and was in full-time practice until 2014.
During those years, she gained extensive experience in managing a great variety of chiropractic patients, supervising graduates, managing clinic staff and raising chiropractic awareness amongst the public and health professionals.
Nicoline has held positions within the European Chiropractic Union, the European Academy of Chiropractic, and The Netherlands Chiropractors’ Association, and was a founding member of the Chiropractic Registration Board for the Netherlands.
She was appointed at AECC University College in March 2015.
Nicoline is currently appointed as Lecturer Clinical Sciences, year tutor for MChiro year 2, and Caldicott Guardian.
She is unit leader for Health Concepts I and Case-based learning II on the MChiro programme. In her role as Caldicott Guardian, she acts as the conscience of AECC University College when it comes to uses of patient information by overseeing, raising awareness, and advising on good practice.
She teaches Health Improvement I (year 0), Case-based Learning II (year 2), and is a backup tutor in the practical classes for General Medicine (year 2 and 3) and Adjustive Technique (year 2). Furthermore, she acts as a clinic floor tutor and as a supervisor for MChiro and MSc research dissertations.
Areas of Expertise
Chiropractic care, therapeutic alliance/doctor-patient communication and patient confidentiality/Caldicott.
• BSc (Chiropractic)
• Diploma in Chiropractic (DC)
• MSc APP (Clinical Sciences)
• Essential skills in Medical Education (ESME) Certificate
• Essential skills in Medical Education Assessment (ESMEA) Certificate
• PGCert (Medical Education)
• Member of the British Chiropractic Association
• Member of the European Chiropractors’ Union
• Associate Member of the Netherlands Chiropractors’ Association
• Fellow of the European Academy of Chiropractic
• Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractic
• Registered with the General Chiropractic Council
• Registered with the Chiropractic Registration Board for the Netherlands (Stichting Chiropractie Nederland)
Lambers, N.M. and Bolton, J.E. (2016). Perceptions of the quality of the therapeutic alliance in chiropractic care in The Netherlands: a cross-sectional survey. Chiropractic & Manual Therapies, 24:18. doi:10.1186/s12998-016-0100-4.