Mustafa H. Agaoglu, B.S., D.C., FRCC
Lecturer in Chiropractic and MSc Chiropractic Pre Registration Course Lead
Mustafa joins the School of Chiropractic as a chiropractic lecturer and as the MSc Chiropractic Pre Registration Course Lead. His role will be to assess clinical education to chiropractic and other health professional students across school’s foundation, pre-registration and post-graduate frameworks.
Mustafa is Turkish by birth but grew up in the north east United States. He completed his Bachelor’s in Science college studies at New York State University, and moved on to Marietta, Georgia and graduated from Life University in 1997. Mustafa practiced in Lima, Peru and Florida until 2004 and nearly 30 years later, moved to Turkey.
In Turkey, he pioneered the chiropractic profession during which time, through many ventures, the higher education department recognised and awarded chiropractic degree with a bachelor’s level university-based degree in Turkey. Through years of unrelenting diplomatic initiatives, the Turkish Health Ministry was facilitated to work on a national traditional and complementary therapies regulation, in which Mustafa played a very important role writing up the chiropractic relevant scope of practice and regulation.
Experience and Areas of Interest
Mustafa served on the Federation International Chiropractic Sports executive council from 2008-2022. He was the FICS president from 2019-2021. Mustafa likes to work with athletes and is part of the education commission of the Turkish Swim Federation spring board and platform diving branch. He serves on the World Federation of Chiropractic public health commission, and protecting and educating the public are his highest qualities as a chiropractor.
Mustafa also trains for ironman distance triathlons, as well as enjoying swimming, running, biking and the outdoors.
Externally, At the Royal College of Chiropractors Mustafa has recently been selected to the Chiropractic Practice Standard on Quality Improvement committee.
- Bachelor's in Science
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- President of the Turkish Chiropractic Association
- Fellow of the royal college of chiropractors
- Public Health Committee of the World Federation of Chiropractic
- Mustafa is interested in public health, sports and spinal biomechanics research topics
- Chiropractic in global health and wellbeing: White paper describing the public health agenda of the world federation of chiropractic.
- The place and importance of chiropractic science that got started on “innate intelligence” philosophy of DD Palmer in the world and in Turkey
- Chiropractic nimmo receptor-tonus technique and McKenzie self-therapy program in the management of adjacent segment disease
- Co-authored Effects of Manual Versus Instrumental Spinal Manipulation on Blood Flow of the Vertebral and Internal Carotid Arteries in Participants With Chronic Nonspecific Neck Pain
- Chiropractic Day 2023: A Report and Qualitative Analysis of How Thought Leaders Celebrate the Present and Envision the Future of Chiropractic