BSc, DC, MSc, DChiro, FHEA, FRCC (Ortho) - Senior Lecturer (Clinical Sciences)
Amanda is the Programme Leader for the MChiro (Hons) Master of Chiropractic degree and a Principal Lecturer.
Amanda graduated from the AECC University College with a BSc in Chiropractic in 1993. She was in private practice as a chiropractor for 10 years during which time she completed a postgraduate MSc in Clinical Chiropractic. In 2003 she returned to the AECC University College to take a full time lecturer post and completed a Professional Doctorate in 2008. She is experienced in teaching physical examination, research methods and evidence-informed practice.
As Programme Leader for the MChiro (Hons) Master of Chiropractic degree Amanda is responsible for the running of the programme. She is also a Principal Lecturer teaching mainly orthopaedics and rheumatology, supervises the treatment of patients in the student teaching clinic, teaches and leads units on postgraduate Masters Programmes and acts as a supervisor for MSc and PhD research dissertations.
Areas of Interest
Orthopaedics, rheumatology, clinical research methods, evidence-informed practice, reflective practice, professional practice, the healthcare role of chiropractors in the UK, educational research and programme management.
- BSc (Chiropractic)
- Diploma in Chiropractic (DC)
- MSc (Clinical Chiropractic)
- Professional Doctorate in Chiropractic (DChiro)
- Essential skills in Medical Education (ESME) Certificate
- Chiropractor registered with the General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractors Orthopaedics Faculty (FRCC Ortho)
- Lead lecturer in Orthopaedics & Rheumatology (MChiro years 2 and 3)
- Unit leader of Diagnosis I (MChiro year 2)
- Unit leader of Clinical Placement (MSc Advanced Professional Practice)
- Joint unit leader of Professional Clinical Practice (MSc Advanced Professional Practice)
- Unit leader of Autonomous Reflective Practice (PG Cert)
Phone: 01202 436270