PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic
Give your development a boost and get a head start in your career. Applications for 2019 entry are now closed. Enquires open for 2020.
Applications for 2019 entry are now closed. Enquiries open for 2020.
If you’ve qualified as a chiropractor within the last three years, and you're looking to take your career to the next level or gain that professional edge, you should consider yourself to an enhanced professional skillset with this PgCert. Designed to run in conjunction with a place on a PRT or GEP programme, or to accumulate points so you can apply for a Masters, this 12-month course is flexible, focused and industry-recognised. Maybe you’re an international student returning to a country with no formal GEP programme - whatever your motivation, this course is the perfect next step in your chiropractic career.
The idea of the PgCert is that it will help you become truly proficient in a professional role, so you embody the attitude and own the necessary skillset to progress professionally through your career, ultimately focusing on managing, evaluating, and improving professional practices.
We cultivated the PgCert here at the AECC University College - one of the largest, established and most renowned chiropractic training facilities in the world - using the decades of insight, experience and expertise, guided by our bank of world-class, actively practising academic staff.
We offer the PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic in a one-year, part-time course structure, with no attendance required. This means you’re able to fit studying in around your daily routine and complete it as and when it suits you - perfect if you’re already juggling work, patients, family and other commitments.
If you find yourself in need of advice or support at any time our tutors will always be on hand to give you any help you need. What’s more you’ll have full access to all the facilities on our campus, including a purpose-built training clinic, gym, labs, and an extensive library, all set within walking distance of Bournemouth’s beautiful beaches, green spaces, and a lively cosmopolitan centre.
Sounds like the course for you?
Deadline for applications next year is end of October 2020.
If you wish to speak to the PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic course leader, arrange a tour of our campus or for general questions on this postgraduate course please use the contact form below.
- Course title:
- PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic
- 1 year
- Study mode:
- Part time (no attendance required)
- Typical offer:
- You’ve been in chiropractic practice for less than 3 years
BSc, DC, MSc, PD, FRCC (Orth), FEAC (Ortho), FHEA, DChiro - Principal Lecturer (Clinical Management)
Peter is currently Principal Lecturer in Clinical Management at the AECC UC and teaches myofascial medicine and adjustive technique across a number of units. Peter also leads professional practice in year 2 of the undergraduate chiropractic programme. Peter is framework lead for the MSc APP framework and programme lead for the MSc APP Clinical science and PGCert Professional Development programmes run at the AECC UC. Peter also leads a number of units across the Universities post graduate provision.
This career-stimulating course kicks off with an online Induction seminar in October, before breaking down into three manageable units. We aim for you to complete the course in 12 months, but you can extend this for another 12 months if you need to. Don’t worry if you don’t enrol on the PgCert at the start of your GEP Programme - you’re still able to enrol within your first two years of practice.
For a breakdown of what to expect, check out our course specification.
- On this first instalment of the course, you’ll create a detailed practice log detailing 30 hours of workplace learning through meetings and discussions with senior colleagues, mentors and trainers.
- Assessment: Critical reflective account, 2,000 words.
- The second unit sees you generate a logbook detailing your learning experiences, outcomes and the relevance of these to practice, from events such as health practitioner observations, meetings with colleagues and peers, and formal CPD events.
- Assessment: Critical reflective account, 2,000 words
- Here you’ll produce a reflective diary that shows evidence of at least 12 critical incidents requiring action. You’ll also make a learning cycle logbook and a clinical audit plan where you’ll choose a topic and plan how an audit should be conducted to improve practice and suggest ways these recommendations could be executed.
- Assessment: Reflective diary, learning cycle logbook, and clinical audit plan.
Applications for 2019 entry are now closed.
The PgCert Professional Development Chiropractic course is right for you if you’ve been in chiropractic practice for less than 3 years, are planning to complete a Graduate Education Programme (GEP) or the Royal College of Chiropractors’ PRT scheme, returning to a country with no formal GEP programme, or want to use credits to enrol on an MSc/MA degree.
If you’ve already started your GEP and are not enrolled on the PgCert then there are still chances to do so within your first two years in practice.
For more information about our admissions policies and procedures, including our Admissions Complaints and Appeals Policy, please click here.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS? LET US ANSWER THEM IN OUR APPLICATION FAQS